Location: New York or Seattle
Do you want to have an impact on workplace fairness, including pay equity based on gender and race? Syndio is a technology company committed to helping organizations fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain, and compensate their employees. We are seeking an experienced and driven Frontend Engineer to work in a highly collaborative environment on our growing set of solutions.
Fueled by a May 2020 investment of $7.5M from Voyager Capital and social change organization Emerson Collective, Syndio is investing in expanding our team and products. We are passionate about our mission and value transparency, hustle, clarity, truth, and humility.
About the role
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer who’s excited to solve technical challenges in a fast-paced startup environment. You will join Syndio at a critical moment, as we invest in our engineering and product teams to evolve the platform to meet increasingly complex user needs and expand our portfolio of products. You will deliver scalable engineering solutions and transform thoughtful, consistent designs into world-class applications and user experiences that ensure customers meet their pay equity and fairness goals.
- Contribute to the design and development of new features and services delivered to Syndio end users.
- Implement pragmatic approaches to building enterprise software on a flexible and modern UI framework to deliver a high-quality experience to our enterprise customers.
- Contribute to a framework that grows with the needs of the team, product, and its users.
- Work closely with cross-functional (backend, frontend, product, site reliability) teams to propose, evolve, and develop a user experience that makes lasting pay equity possible for customers.
- Work with the frontend and backend engineering teams to define requirements, collaborate on APIs, and develop a high-quality frontend application and user experience.
- Design, propose, and implement consistent approaches, reusable and maintainable code libraries, and application design geared towards quality, maintainability, and user experience.
- Work with the design team to ensure designs are sensible and maintainable, and implement design systems and pattern libraries to support a growing team and platform.
- Contribute to the engineering organization’s best practices.
- Within 1 month, you’ll be fully ramped, engaging with the code base, fixing bugs, and shadowing the Syndio frontend engineering team.
- Within 3 months, you’ll work on and ship a minor feature.
- Within 6 months, you’ll collaborate with the broader team to ship a major feature.
- You have 3+ years of experience, with an emphasis on subscription web platforms
- You have strong working knowledge of current testing methodologies including unit testing and end-to-end testing. (We use Cypress for e2e etc.)
- You thrive working in a collaborative environment, with a team that communicates well and ensures they’re delivering on each other’s needs.
- Your application development and critical thinking skills enable you to focus on pragmatic platform requirements, while striving for a world-class user interface.
- You have a strong command of relevant technologies, programming languages, and cloud-based environments, with an emphasis on user-centric experiences.
- You have excellent communication skills that enable you to interface with both technical and non-technical teams.
- You bring fresh ideas and new approaches to ensure thoughtful development and implementation.
- You are a team player, able to work towards a common goal, while also speaking up to challenge assumptions and investigate better ways to solve customers’ root problems.
- You are passionate about our mission to close pay gaps and create fairness in the workplace.
- You’re excited to own and drive initiatives within Syndio that leverage and build your skills and interests.
- Strong knowledge of API approaches and experience in consuming APIs
- Experience with frontend testing frameworks and test-driven development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, Slack, Match Group, Target, Adobe, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
At Syndio, you’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses, equity, and a lot more benefits! As part of our commitment to fair pay, we’ll never ask your salary history. We’ll share the salary range for this position with you during our first conversation.
If you’re interested in joining the Syndio team, apply using the link below. All your information will be kept confidential in accordance with EEO guidelines.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.