Pay Equity Consultant (Domain Expert)
Location: Seattle, WA
Do you want to empower organizations to fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain and
compensate their employees? Syndio is a technology company committed to fairness in the workplace. We are looking for a self-motivated Pay Equity Consultant with a passion for solving analytical problems, helping organizations develop and implement their pay equity analyses, and researching the gender wage gap.
This is a critical moment when organizations are looking for ways to take tangible action to fight gender and racial bias, and we believe creating diverse and inclusive workplaces for all starts with fair pay. Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will support a growing customer base (like Nordstrom, Slack, Match Group, Adobe, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
About the role
Syndio licenses software to companies to help them find and fix pay equity issues and stay in compliance over time. We’re looking for someone who brings a combination of analytics and customer service skills to serve as a pay equity subject matter expert to both support internal teams and work with our customers to achieve workplace fairness. You’ll find the story behind the numbers and communicate it both effectively and in an engaging manner.
- Draw on your past experience in compensation, HR, employment law, economics, or diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) strategy as well as Syndio-provided training on pay equity best practices to provide expert advice on advanced pay equity topics to customers, fellow employees, and external audiences.
- Partner with the customer success team to consult customers on advanced analytical and statistical methods related to their pay equity analyses and effective usage of the Syndio platform.
- Work closely with the marketing, sales, and customer success teams to deliver high-quality research and advice on pay equity topics through white papers, webinars, conference events, and custom research reports.
- Translate custom analytics into product requirements and support product and development teams as needed on design and implementation plans.
- Partner with the data science and development teams to ensure statistical and systematic accuracy in the product.
- Participate in comprehensive, ongoing training to gain in-depth knowledge about the nuances of pay equity, including statistics, analytics methods, and pay equity laws.
- Within 1 month, you’ll have completed a comprehensive and supportive onboarding process to help you understand the product, the business, and the pay equity space.
- Within 3 months, you’ll be fully ramped and working with customers to provide best practice advice and support custom analytics.
- Within 6 months, you’ll be developing and delivering advanced custom analytics and advice to customers, while also contributing meaningfully to Syndio subject matter trainings and thought leadership initiatives.
- You are passionate about our mission to close pay gaps and create fairness in the workplace.
- You have experience or knowledge in pay equity, compensation, HR consulting, or compliance-related analytics (We do not provide legal advice, but the individual in this role is expected to provide expert-level compliance advice.).
- You have a proven track record of developing and applying statistical knowledge to data driven questions.
- You are comfortable generating and interpreting statistical models, analyses, graphs and data.
- You have demonstrated experience with a variety of analytical tools (e.g. R, Python, Excel, SQL, etc.)
- You have the ability to explain and present complicated concepts and research projects to diverse audiences (e.g. in-house counsel, c-suite, HR analytics, etc.)
- You are deeply curious, willing to explore all aspects of the product to understand and identify new opportunities to meet customer needs.
- You have strong attention to detail in all aspects of your work, but especially around the reliability and accuracy of your advice and analyses.
- You are a self-starter who thrives working independently to solve complex problems, with minimal supervision, in a collaborative, kind, and supportive environment.
- You are driven to provide solutions that meet customer needs in a flexible, and often proactive, way.
- You are willing to ask questions and turn to your teammates for support and expertise.
- You’re excited to own and drive initiatives within Syndio that leverage and build your skills and interests.
Nice to have but not necessary
- At least a master’s degree with significant coursework in a quantitative field, such as economics, statistics, mathematics, sociology, physics, or computer science.
- Experience consulting Fortune 500 organizations on topics related to their people, such as compensation, HR policies, diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives, etc.
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, Slack, Match Group, Adobe, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
At Syndio, you’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses, equity, and a lot more benefits! As part of our commitment to fair pay, we’ll never ask your salary history. We’ll share the salary range for this position with you during our first conversation.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.