Senior Account Executive - Software Sales
Location: Seattle preferred, but open to all talent
How often do you have the chance to step into a sales role where you can directly influence the growth of the company? And make a lasting impact on a critical social issue? And sell a product that you feel really good about? This is one of those opportunities. We are passionate about our mission and value authenticity, hustle, clarity, truth, and vulnerability.
Syndio is a post-Series A startup committed to helping Fortune 500 organizations fairly and equitably pay and promote their employees regardless of gender, race or ethnicity. Fueled by a May 2020 investment of $7.5M, we are stepping on the gas to expand our team and products. We are seeking an experienced, driven Senior Account Executive to help us hit our sales and growth goals in 2021 and beyond.
About the role
We are looking for someone who’s a believer in equal pay for equal work, who wants to propel their sales career to the next level, and who’s willing to take a leap to prove it. In this role, you will drive direct and channel sales of our growing suite of products to senior-level contacts (e.g. Heads of Compensation, CHROs, Legal, CDOs) at the best-known brands around the world. By joining at this early stage, you’ll have a stake in shaping the future of the company and play a critical role as we head into 2021 with a new suite of products, continued support from a fantastic leadership team and board, and big ambition.
- Manage all aspects of the sales process, including lead management, qualification, evaluation, close, and account care.
- Build a savvy sales team and propel their success.
- Define and execute sales plans, and then meet and exceed those goals. (With no competitors, an elegant product, and defined market need, there’s limitless opportunity to do so!)
- Develop and manage the sales pipeline, and simultaneously move a large number of transactions through the sales pipeline.
- Provide product demonstrations and general support to prospective customers.
- Participate in the RFP process for prospects and clients, including qualifying leads to ensure a good fit and providing a final review of all responses.
- Operate with the mentality that sales is a team sport, and bring in Syndio SMEs—e.g. lawyer, labor economist, data scientist, testifying expert, CEO—to close deals.
- Within 2 months, you’ll be fully ramped.
- Within 3 months, the training wheels come off and you’ll be selling into enterprise accounts.
- Within 6 months, you’ve established some momentum with accounts, are confident in your role, and are starting to provide input into other areas of the business (e.g. marketing) based on what you’re hearing from prospects.
- Within 12 months, you’re building your own pipeline, with help from an awesome marketing org.
- You have more than 5 years experience in sales—ideally, 7-10 years.
- You are committed to our mission of pay equity and passionate about Syndio products.
- You have a highly disciplined approach to selling.
- You are savvy, capable of curating a thoughtful approach to pay equity, diversity and inclusion, and workplace fairness for each individual client.
- You’re attracted to the challenge of a startup environment and can adapt to—and thrive—amidst change.
- You bring a positive attitude, hustle, and persistence to your role.
- You are an excellent communicator, able to build relationships quickly with your colleagues, clients, and prospects.
- You’re curious, a great listener who knows where to poke and prod with prospects to inspire them to take action and drive organizational change.
- You know how to drive a deal and proactively lead prospects and customers (rather than reacting to their requests.)
- You are proficient with spreadsheets, presentation, and project management business applications, and have a working knowledge of Salesforce.com and LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- Consistent overachievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory
- Expertise at the Transactional & Enterprise Level
- Experience selling to compensation and total rewards professionals
- Overall understanding of the HR technology landscape
- Background in Business Intelligence, Analytics, Data Warehousing, Predictive Modeling or similar technologies
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
At Syndio, you’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses, equity, and a lot more benefits! As part of our commitment to fair pay, we’ll never ask your salary history. We’ll share the salary range for this position with you during our first conversation.
If you’re interested in joining the Syndio team, apply using the link below. All your information will be kept confidential in accordance with EEO guidelines.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.