Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Location: Seattle, WA or Denver, CO
Do you want to have an impact on workplace fairness, including pay equity based on gender and race? Syndio is a technology company committed to helping organizations fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain, and compensate their employees. We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) who is proactive, responsive, and will thrive working in our collaborative startup environment.
- Support customers by building, scaling, maintaining, and securing services leveraging relational databases, caching, and async processing. We use PostgreSQL (Cloud SQL), Redis (Cloud MemoryStore), and Cloud PubSub.
- Manage, monitor, improve, and experiment with infrastructure in a cloud environment. We use Google Cloud Platform, and Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
- Experiment with and introduce new solutions to current and future problems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams by building and maintaining internal and administrative tools and services.
- Within 1 month, you’ll complete a comprehensive and supportive onboarding process and be able to make isolated contributions to services and infrastructure.
- Within 3 months, you’ll have a grasp of the complete set of components (services, tools, configuration, etc.) that make up the infrastructure and continue to make isolated contributions to services and infrastructure.
- Within 12 months, you’ll be able to suggest and implement complex changes to existing services and infrastructure and be able to propose and implement greenfield projects.
- You can write quality code in a team setting using Python and/or Go. You’ll be using both.
- You can implement and maintain cloud services using Kubernetes.
- You appreciate working in a collaborative team setting.
- You are eager to learn, share knowledge and ideas, and grow with our team.
- You are calm under pressure.
- You are available and willing to step in for emergency response.
- You are relentlessly curious, willing to explore all aspects of the product to identify gaps and opportunities to meet customer needs.
- You want to own and drive initiatives within Syndio that leverage and build your skills and interests.
- You care about and share in our mission to eradicate pay disparity in the workplace.
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, Slack, Match Group, Target, Adobe, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
At Syndio, you’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses, equity, and a lot more benefits! As part of our commitment to fair pay, we’ll never ask your salary history. Compensation will be based on experience and location; salary range will be discussed during the second round of interviews.
If you’re interested in joining the Syndio team, apply using the link below. All your information will be kept confidential in accordance with EEO guidelines.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.