VP of Marketing
Location: Seattle, Denver or New York
How often do you have the chance to step into a product leadership role where you can directly influence the growth of the company? And make a lasting impact on a critical social issue? And market a product that you feel really good about? This is one of those opportunities. We are passionate about our mission and value authenticity, hustle, clarity, truth, and vulnerability.
Syndio is a post-Series B startup committed to helping Fortune 500 organizations fairly and equitably pay and promote their employees regardless of gender, race, and ethnicity. Fueled by a combined investment of $24.6M, we are stepping on the gas to expand our team and products. We are seeking a VP of Marketing to help us define our future and deliver on our growth goals.
About the role
We’re looking for a data-driven, growth marketing leader who brings a new perspective to the standard question: How do we attract new customers? We’re completely upending how businesses achieve pay equity, and we need someone who brings endless curiosity, a passion for digital experiences, and analytical thinking to break through to our target audience and fuel this industry transformation. We have a strong marketing team already in place and they’re fired up, capable, and eager to come together to deliver on your marketing vision. In this role, you’ll report to the CEO and have the resources, support, and commitment from the marketing and leadership teams to identify and execute on big ideas.
- Be the visionary that rallies the business and leads a cohesive, impactful go-to-market strategy.
- Develop and implement an inspired, data-driven marketing plan to pioneer the Equity Tech category and establish Syndio leadership within it.
- Develop and drive all digital and non-digital marketing efforts, identifying and analyzing key metrics to evaluate success.
- Accelerate and refine the existing marketing momentum to bring together lead gen, events, content development, PR, etc. to drive product and brand awareness, and engage new Fortune 2000 customers.
- Partner with sales and product leadership to establish growth strategies to support our product-line revenue goals.
- Analyze all aspects of our conversion funnel, identify the largest areas for improvement, and implement creative strategies to capitalize on these opportunities.
- Develop and implement a rigorous testing process and learning plan to identify effective content marketing and lead our product marketing team to develop thoughtful content marketing
- Infuse metrics and data-driven insights into all marketing efforts, and share results with the CEO and executive team.
- Partner with sales to guide development of account-based marketing strategy.
- Develop and manage the Marketing department’s operational plan and budget.
- Establish team OKR and lead and inspire your team to reach their goals and grow their skills
- Collaborate with external agency to guide PR and public affairs strategy
- Manage all agency relationships and contractors
- The best person for this role will be a “full stack” growth marketer with expertise in digital marketing, optimizing customer lifecycle, and developing high-performing teams. This is not a general digital marketing role – expertise in and passion for growth and experimentation is required.
- You have the quantitative chops to define and assess marketing success, but also know when to stop analyzing and run with a fresh, creative idea that will engage our audience.
- You thrive working in a highly collaborative environment (even if virtual for the time being) and are excited to steer the team’s expertise and enthusiasm in the right direction.
- You’re comfortable in and inspired by an all hands-on-deck, startup environment.
- You have deep understanding and experience in driving B2B and/or SaaS demand in partnership with sales leadership.
- You are passionate about our mission to advance workplace fairness.
- You love having the opportunity to develop and scale marketing teams.
- You are diligently curious, eager to engage deeply with the product and our customers to tease out the highest impact growth opportunities.
- You bring strong verbal and written communication skills and are comfortable interacting with all levels of the company.
- You’re self-motivated, tenacious, and willing to lean into challenges.
- You bring a strong perspective and confidence to make tough decisions, build consensus, gain cross-functional alignment, and influence internal stakeholders on marketing decisions.
- You’re excited to own initiatives within Syndio that leverage and build on your skills and interests.
- 10+ years of marketing experience
- HR software/industry experience
- Experience with Hubspot, Metadata, ZoomInfo, Salesforce
- Within 1 month, you’ll complete a comprehensive and supportive onboarding process to help you understand the product, our pricing/packaging, the business, demand sources, and the customer journey. You will establish relationships with your team and key functional partners across the organization and will understand sales processes and motions through ride-alongs, 1:1s, establish a reporting cadence.
- Within 3 months, the training wheels will be off and you will be fully driving the marketing plan and rhythm of the business
- Within 6 months, you’ve established strong momentum, have a handle on what is driving the business, and will be an integral part of the leadership team
- Within 12 months, you’ll build the 2022 operational plan and we will wonder how we ever lived without you
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, Match Group, Target, Adobe, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
At Syndio, you’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses, equity, and a lot more benefits. As part of our commitment to fair pay, we’ll never ask your salary history. We’ll share the salary range for this position with you during our first conversation.
If you’re interested in joining the Syndio team, send us your resume and a quick note about your unique qualifications at [email protected]. All your information will be kept confidential in accordance with EEO guidelines.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.