Director of Product Marketing
Location: Seattle, WA
Do you want to help companies address workplace bias with tangible action? Syndio is a technology company on a mission to help organizations fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain, and compensate their employees. Fueled by a May 2020 investment of $7.5M from Voyager Capital and social change organization Emerson Collective, Syndio is investing in growing our team and products.
We are seeking a product marketing leader who is obsessed with their craft and wants to be an integral part of product go-to-market strategy as we expand beyond pay equity into new areas of workplace fairness.
About the role
Syndio’s software is front and center in defining a new way to eradicate workplace pay disparities. As the first product marketing hire, you will report directly to the CEO and be focused on solving the critical challenge of increasing average contract value (ACV). A successful candidate brings deep product expertise about how to position, sell, package, and scale products. There is unlimited potential in this role for someone with aspirations to lead a marketing team.
- Collaborate with customer success, product development, and sales on a daily basis to determine how our customers use and value the product, and how it’s being sold in order to meet your objective of increasing ACV.
- Engage regularly with our customer base (including Nordstrom, Slack, Match Group, Target, and Adobe) to deeply understand feature needs, identify product gaps, and ensure the voice of the customer is heard in product and design decisions.
- Drive the agenda for the Customer Advisory Board (CAB) to gain customer feedback.
- Oversee competitive intelligence, including product and business decisions, and recommend features to stay ahead of competitors.
- Lead strategic plan to prioritize verticalized marketing.
- Work with domain experts to provide messaging and positioning that will guide content development and demand gen collateral.
- Develop and drive internal training presentations for sales and customer success.
- Facilitate sales enablement, including generation of sales collateral and product marketing materials, producing webinars, advertising and public relations campaigns, taking the product to tradeshows and securing coverage by relevant industry analysts.
- Execute the nuts and bolts of product marketing, including industry and user research, segmentation, needs identification, key benefits articulation, pricing, overall product value proposition and go-to-market initiatives.
- Within 1 month, you’ll complete a comprehensive and supportive onboarding process to help you understand the product, our pricing/packaging, the business, and the customer journey.
- Within 3 months, you’ll establish deep competitive intelligence, update our pricing and packaging, and establish product messaging that positions Syndio for optimal success.
- Within 6 months, you’ll launch a vertical go-to-market strategy and launch new product pricing and packaging.
- Within 12 months, you’ll start expanding your role to include more broad integrated marketing efforts around customer and product value.
- You are passionate about our mission to advance workplace fairness.
- You are diligently curious, eager to engage deeply with the product and our customers to understand opportunities for improvement and growth.
- You thrive in an all-hands-on-deck, collaborative startup environment.
- You lean into challenges and aren’t intimidated to find answers to questions outside of your immediate area of expertise.
- You’re self-motivated, able to execute on very clear objectives, with minimal hand-holding or supervision, while reaching out for support as needed from our collaborative team.
- You are adept at gaining cross-functional alignment with peers and senior leaders.
- You bring a strong perspective and confidence to build consensus and influence internal stakeholders in product marketing decisions.
- You’re excited to own and drive initiatives within Syndio that leverage and build on your skills and interests.
- Experience with go-to-market B2B product marketing.
- Experience using research and user testing to develop differentiated positioning and messaging for products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and are comfortable interacting with all levels of the company.
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, Slack, Match Group, Target, Adobe, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
At Syndio, you’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses, equity, and a lot more benefits! As part of our commitment to fair pay, we’ll never ask your salary history. We’ll share the salary range for this position with you during our first conversation.
If you’re interested in joining the Syndio team, apply using the link below. All your information will be kept confidential in accordance with EEO guidelines.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.