Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA and New York, NY
Do you want to have an impact on workplace fairness, including pay equity based on gender and race? Syndio is a technology company committed to helping organizations fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain, and compensate their employees. We are seeking a driven Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to work in a highly collaborative environment on our growing set of solutions.
Fueled by a May 2020 investment of $7.5M from Voyager Capital and social change organization Emerson Collective, Syndio is investing in expanding our team and products. We are passionate about our mission and value transparency, hustle, clarity, truth, and humility.
About the role
Syndio licenses software to companies to help them find and fix pay equity issues and stay in compliance over time. We’re looking for someone who’s excited to take on and solve challenges at a fast-paced startup. As our first QA engineer, you will have the opportunity to establish and scale QA processes and be an integral member of the product and engineering team. Your work ensuring the highest quality delivery of our flagship product, Syndio PayEQ, and subsequent products will have a meaningful impact on helping companies achieve fairness in the workplace.
- Own the end-to-end QA process, including setting the technical vision for developing test frameworks; developing and executing test plans; and reporting test results and quality metrics.
- Propose, implement, and maintain quality automation as part of the Syndio CI environment.
- Set up and maintain QA environments.
- Influence feature development by working with product and engineering teams to understand product vision and requirements and collaborate on feature acceptance criteria.
- Understand how features meet the end user’s goal, and determine whether it met the stated purpose, including translating business requirements into test cases and scripts.
- Work closely with internal team members to identify and triage bugs and ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Within 1 month, you’ll have completed a comprehensive and supportive onboarding process to help you understand the product, the business, and the customer journey.
- Within 3 months, you’ll be fully integrated into the development process, driving QA on new features and products, and introducing process automation.
- Within 12 months, you’ll have put tools in place and established a QA process that scales.
- You can successfully coordinate and execute all aspects of testing efforts, from project inception to post-launch.
- You understand how to leverage automation in testing efforts and can identify and write tests that would be optimal candidates for automation.
- You have experience writing end-to-end tests using testing applications like Cypress, Nightwatch, WebdriverIO or Capybara/Cucumber.
- You have experience executing functional, non-functional, integration, system, performance, and regression testing.
- You take pride in great attention to detail and can identify, isolate, and document issues.
- You can build symbiotic relationships with technical and non-technical staff to drive collaboration, productivity, and product success.
- You recognize and anticipate problems and have a keen ability to manage risk.
- You are relentlessly curious, willing to explore all aspects of the product to identify gaps and opportunities to meet customer needs.
- You’re hard working and enjoy working independently towards a shared goal.
- You are passionate about meeting high quality standards and bring a strong voice around quality to encourage product improvements.
- You are passionate about our mission to close pay gaps and create fairness in the workplace.
- You’re excited to own and drive initiatives within Syndio that leverage and build your skills and interests.
- 4+ years of diverse QA/QE experience, with an emphasis on large scale online systems
- Experience working on an agile software development team
- Experience in testing SaaS platforms
- Experience in testing Human Resource systems
- Strong knowledge of API architecture and experience in testing APIs
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, Slack, Match Group, Target, Adobe, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
At Syndio, you’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses, equity, and a lot more benefits! As part of our commitment to fair pay, we’ll never ask your salary history. We’ll share the salary range for this position with you during our first conversation.
If you’re interested in joining the Syndio team, apply using the link below. All your information will be kept confidential in accordance with EEO guidelines.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.