Do you want to help companies address workplace bias with tangible action? Syndio is a technology company on a mission to help organizations fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain, and compensate their employees. Fueled by a December 2020 investment of $17M from Bessemer Venture Partners, Syndio is investing in growing our team and products.
We are seeking a recruiter who is obsessed with their craft and wants to drive the full-cycle recruiting experience, from sourcing and attracting a diverse slate of candidates to interviewing and hiring great employees as we expand beyond pay equity into new areas of workplace fairness. You will be a critical player in successfully scaling our company.
About the role
Syndio’s software is front and center in defining a new way to eradicate workplace pay disparities. To do this, we have big staffing ambitions for 2021. As the first in-house recruiter, you will report directly to the HR Manager and be focused on solving the critical challenge of rapidly growing the team. A successful candidate brings deep experience collaborating with leaders and attracting candidates through various sources, including social media and employee referrals. There is unlimited potential in this role for someone with aspirations to lead a recruiting team.
- Implement a recruiting strategy to hire 50+ people
- Develop internal recruiting process (intake, posting, interviewing methodology, etc.)
- Perform job and task analysis to document job requirements and objectives
- Develop and update job / impact descriptions
- Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job board / newspapers / colleges etc.
- Collaborate with external recruiters to screen candidates resumes and job applications
- Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, strengths, and opportunities
- Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices and adhere to EOO regulations
- Provide recruiting reports to the leadership and hiring teams
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Build plan and manage external recruiting resources for key hires
- Promote company’s reputation
- Within 1 month, you’ll complete a comprehensive and supportive onboarding process to help you understand the product, the business, our core functions, and the employee experience; and you will establish a recruiting strategy and process.
- Within 3 months, you’ll have key job descriptions developed and posted, will have an active recruiting pipeline (with the help of external recruiting firms), and will be interviewing candidates.
- Within 6 months, you’ll have 30% of open positions filled.
- Within 12 months, you’ll start expanding your role to include broader integrated recruiting processes and employer brand efforts.
- You are passionate about our mission to advance workplace fairness, and share that passion in your interactions with candidates.
- You have hands-on experience with various selection processes (video interviewing, reference checks, etc.)
- You are diligently curious, eager to engage deeply with our team and candidates to understand opportunities for improvement and growth.
- You thrive in an all-hands-on-deck, collaborative startup environment.
- You lean into challenges and aren’t intimidated to find answers to questions outside of your immediate area of expertise.
- You’re self-motivated, able to execute on very clear objectives, with minimal hand-holding or supervision, while reaching out for support as needed from our collaborative team.
- You’re excited to own and drive initiatives within Syndio that leverage and build on your skills and interests.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills and are comfortable interacting with all levels of the company.
- Experience with employer brand marketing
- Familiarity with HR databases, applicant tracking systems, and candidate management systems
- Familiarity with HRIS/HRMS
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, Slack, Match Group, Target, Adobe, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
At Syndio, you’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses, equity, and a lot more benefits! As part of our commitment to fair pay, we’ll never ask your salary history. We’ll share the salary range for this position with you during our first conversation.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.