Senior Data Analyst
Location: Seattle, WA
Do you want to empower organizations to fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain and compensate their employees? Syndio is a technology company committed to fairness in the workplace. We’re seeking a self-motivated Senior Data Analyst who’s enthusiastic about using data to help customers achieve pay equity.
This is a critical moment when organizations are looking for ways to take tangible action to fight gender and racial bias, and we believe creating diverse and inclusive workplaces for all starts with fair pay. Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will support a growing customer base (like Nordstrom, Slack, Match Group, Adobe, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
About the role
Syndio licenses software to companies to help them find and fix pay equity issues and stay in compliance over time. We’re looking for someone who brings a combination of analytics and customer service skills to tap insights that will help guide customers as they build a comprehensive workplace fairness strategy.
- Conduct project-based and ad hoc data analyses customized to customer questions about pay equity and other workplace fairness metrics.
- Identify trends in customer analyses and collaborate with the Product team to find ways to integrate common analytics into the product.
- Analyze data from our data lake and public data sets, and conduct online research to support our sales and marketing teams.
- Participate in comprehensive, ongoing training to gain in-depth knowledge about the nuances of pay equity, including statistics, analytics methods, and pay equity laws.
- Within 1 month, you’ll have completed a comprehensive and supportive onboarding process to help you understand the product, the business, and the pay equity space.
- Within 3 months, you’ll be fully ramped and supporting internal team members with statistical analysis and research to meet customer needs.
- Within 6 months, you’ll be partnering with customer success managers and domain experts to provide custom analytic support to customers and identifying ways to productize key analytics.
- You are passionate about our mission to close pay gaps and create fairness in the workplace.
- You are comfortable conducting multivariate regression analysis, chi-squared tests and other statistical tests, and can explain methods and results to an audience with a limited statistical background.
- You run your analyses in your favorite scripting language (we’ve got team members who use R, Python, or Stata) and can collaborate with team members to problem solve on tough analytical problems.
- You are a self-starter who thrives working independently, with minimal supervision, in a collaborative, kind, and supportive environment.
- You are deeply curious, willing to explore all aspects of the product to understand and identify new opportunities to meet customer needs.
- You are willing to ask questions and turn to teammates for support and expertise.
- You’re excited to own and drive initiatives within Syndio that leverage and build your skills and interests.
Nice to have but not necessary
- Data visualization skills (e.g., Tableau)
- Experience presenting quantitative findings to customers, including executive audiences
- Background in at least one of the following areas: compensation; diversity, equity & inclusion (DE&I); economics; or employment law
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, Slack, Match Group, Adobe, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
At Syndio, you’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses, equity, and a lot more benefits! As part of our commitment to fair pay, we’ll never ask your salary history. We’ll share the salary range for this position with you during our first conversation.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.