Platform Engineer (Senior)
Location: Seattle, Denver or New York
Do you want to have an impact on workplace fairness, including pay equity based on gender and race? Syndio is a technology company committed to helping organizations fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain, and compensate their employees. We are seeking a Platform Engineer who is proactive, responsive, and will thrive working in our collaborative startup environment.
Fueled by a May 2020 investment of $7.5, Syndio is investing in expanding our team and products. We are passionate about our mission and value transparency, hustle, clarity, truth, and humility.
About the role
Syndio licenses software to companies to help them find and fix pay equity issues and stay in compliance over time. As the second member of our new Platform Engineering team, you’ll be a major contributor to the architecture, reliability, performance, and design of core systems and services within a growing product base supporting our customers in achieving fairness in the workplace.
This is a truly hybrid engineering and operations role. You’ll spend significant time building and refactoring product features (with an emphasis on scale and reliability), improving and introducing new developer tooling and process, and managing, implementing, and operationalizing core infrastructure.
- Support customers by building, scaling, maintaining, and securing services leveraging relation databases, caching, and async processing. We use PostgreSQL (Cloud SQL), Redis (Cloud MemoryStore), and Cloud PubSub.
- Manage, monitor, improve, and experiment with infrastructure in a cloud environment. We use Google Cloud Platform, and Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build, refactor, and operationalize core product services, developer-focused tooling, and infrastructure.
- Within 1 month, you’ll complete a comprehensive and supportive onboarding process and be able to make isolated contributions to the product, developer tooling, and infrastructure.
- Within 3 months, you’ll have a grasp of the complete set of components (services, tools, configuration, etc.) that make up the product and infrastructure. You will continue to make isolated contributions.
- Within 12 months, you’ll be able to suggest and implement complex changes to the product, developer tooling, and infrastructure.
- You are an engineering generalist with a strong orientation towards the backend and infrastructure.
- You can write quality code in a team setting using Python and/or Go. You’ll be using both.
- You have experience building product focused services, and internal developer tooling.
- You can operationalize and maintain cloud services using Kubernetes.
- You appreciate working in a collaborative team setting.
- You are eager to learn, share knowledge and ideas, and grow with our team.
- You are calm under pressure.
- You are available and willing to step in for emergency response.
- You are relentlessly curious, willing to explore all aspects of the product to identify gaps and opportunities to meet customer needs.
- You want to own and drive initiatives within Syndio that leverage and build your skills and interests.
- You care about and share in our mission to eradicate pay disparity in the workplace.
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, Slack, Match Group, Target, Adobe, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
At Syndio, you’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses, equity, and a lot more benefits! As part of our commitment to fair pay, we’ll never ask your salary history. We’ll share the salary range for this position with you during our first conversation.
If you’re interested in joining the Syndio team, apply using the link below. All your information will be kept confidential in accordance with EEO guidelines.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability, and age.