Senior Product Designer
Do you want to empower organizations to fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain and compensate their employees? Syndio is a technology company committed to fairness in the workplace. We are seeking a Senior Product Designer who is obsessed with crafting a compelling and intuitive user experience, who relishes simplifying the complicated, and who thrives working in a collaborative startup environment.
About the role
Syndio’s software is front and center in defining new ways to establish and ensure workplace fairness. As a Senior Product Designer, you will join a small product and engineering team and take ownership of designing specific feature sets for our flagship SaaS product, Syndio PayEQ, as well as other products.
- Own and deliver the end-to-end product design process for multiple features
- Interpret business requirements and rapidly produce concepts and UI prototypes, spanning the range from low-fidelity sketches to pixel-perfect designs
- Partner closely with product, engineering and internal stakeholders to realize elegant and practical solutions to design challenges
- Conduct user experience research
- Facilitate design workshops
- Contribute to our design system and component library, working with engineering on speccing reusable components
- Act as the voice of the end user and strive to innovate and improve our product
- Present designs to our lead designer, engineers, product managers, and leadership on a regular basis
- Work in partnership with product management and engineering to deliver features and capabilities that are innovative and easy to use
- You have 5+ years of related experience in enterprise or B2B product design, working on a wide range of products
- You can share a strong portfolio of UX design work that includes complex flows and wireframes and demonstrates the creation of compelling and intuitive user experiences
- You can take high-level requirements and user stories and turn them into interactive prototypes and mock-ups that will have a real impact on users
- You can seamlessly cross back and forth between visual design and UX and have a good eye and aesthetic
- You have user empathy and can deeply understand users’ problems and needs and how they’ll interact with your designs
- You are collaborative, have strong communication skills and can brainstorm initial design concepts
- You are a scrappy self-starter who thrives working autonomously, who actively solicits feedback from the team throughout the design cycle
- You can translate user needs, business objectives, and technology capabilities into innovative design solutions
- You are experienced with usability research/analysis, designing complex user workflows, large dataset visualizations, information architecture, graphic/visual design and responsive web design patterns
- You are comfortable working at fast pace in an agile environment, where the feedback cycle is in hours, not weeks
- You are proficient with design tools, such as InVision, Sketch, and Figma
- You align with our company’s core values of candor, humility, adaptability, curiosity and trust.
- Within 1 month, you will be familiar with the product, as well as our design system and component library. You’ll get to know key members of the team and build the foundations for strong relationships. You’ll understand our users’ needs and behaviors.
- Within 3 months, you’ll collaborate closely with a product manager and engineers to ship a small feature that incorporates feedback from stakeholders in the company, as well as from users.
- Within 6-12 months, you’ll be ramped up and regularly shipping features and enhancements. You’ll serve as a key player on the team, helping to drive the roadmap forward. You’ll be contributing to the design discipline and proposing ways to improve processes and tools.
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue supporting a growing customer base (like Nordstrom, Slack, Match Group, Target, Adobe, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
At Syndio, you’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses, equity, and a lot more benefits! As part of our commitment to fair pay, we’ll never ask your salary history. Compensation will be based on experience and location.
If you’re interested in joining the Syndio team, apply using the link below. All your information will be kept confidential in accordance with EEO guidelines.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.