Location: Seattle, WA and New York, NY
Do you want to have an impact on workplace fairness, including pay equity based on gender and race? Syndio is a technology company committed to helping organizations fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain, and compensate their employees. We are seeking a self-motivated Product Manager to drive innovation for our industry-defining analytics platform.
Fueled by a May 2020 investment of $7.5M from Voyager Capital and social change organization Emerson Collective, Syndio is investing in expanding our team and products. We are passionate about our mission and value transparency, hustle, clarity, truth, and humility.
About the role
Syndio’s software is front and center in defining a new way to eradicate workplace pay disparities. As the second member of our Product Management team, you’ll play a vital role in accelerating product features that empower customers to create a fair workplace for all employees. You’ll serve as the voice of the customer through the development lifecycle, working cross-functionally to connect the technical and business worlds, and guide products from concept to launch.
- Work with the larger product organization to define a roadmap and prioritize features to meet customers’ goals.
- Deliver products that help our customers attract and retain employees.
- Own features through the entire product development lifecycle from ideation to release.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer needs through qualitative and quantitative methods: user research studies, usability tests, market research, and data analysis.
- Partner with internal stakeholders, including sales and customer success teams, to understand areas of opportunity and translate customer needs into product features.
- Break down high-level features into actionable requirements for design and engineering via epics, user stories, acceptance criteria, user flows, and other artifacts as needed.
- Work with the design team to develop a cohesive user experience.
- Work with engineering to scope, plan, and execute development.
- Work with QA to triage bugs in new products and features.
- Define metrics and KPIs for measuring the success of features.
- Constantly identify opportunities to expand the Syndio platform, ranging from new products to ongoing optimizations.
- Lead and facilitate team rituals: stand-ups, sizing, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Resolve blockers and delays, and mitigate risks to sprint goals.
- Within 1 month, you’ll complete a comprehensive and supportive onboarding process to help you understand the product, the business, and the customer journey.
- Within 3 months, you’ll own features, from inception to launch.
- Within 6-12 months, you’ll be fully up to speed and self-sufficient to drive new features, interact with customers to collect feedback, iterate on existing features, and drive ongoing improvements.
- You are relentlessly curious and willing to ask questions every step of the way.
- You bring a balance of humility and confidence to the team, able to listen and learn from others, while also being decisive to move the product forward.
- You have 3+ years experience working as a product manager (or similar role), developing web-based products with high-performing, cross-functional teams.You are a strong communicator with the ability to facilitate dynamic discussions, glean information from experts in another field, understand customer needs, and turn them into products and features.
- You are empathetic to the needs of our customers’ employees and bring a disciplined approach to ensuring every product decision has a positive downstream impact.
- You excel at managing and prioritizing multiple projects across various stakeholders and phases of the development lifecycle.
- You can inspire, motivate, and support a team to get things done.
- You have strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills, with constant attention to detail.
- You’re a self-starter who thrives working autonomously, with minimal supervision, feels comfortable pulling teammates for collaboration and support as needed.
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced startup and wearing many hats, from writing help materials to scrum mastering.
- You’re process-driven and can improve and build out workflows to improve efficiencies across the team.
- You are passionate about pay equity and building stellar products to advance workplace fairness.
- You’re excited to own and drive initiatives within Syndio that leverage and build your skills and interests.
- Fluency in product management tools.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, delivery-focused environment with an emphasis on Agile practices (sprints, backlog grooming, etc.).
- Experience in making hard data-informed decisions (A/B testing and experimentation, user testing, data analysis, defining metrics).
- Experience developing SaaS platforms.
- Experience with Human Resource Management Systems (HRIS).
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas, such as project management, engineering, UX/UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing.
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, Slack, Match Group, Target, Adobe, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
At Syndio, you’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses, equity, and a lot more benefits! As part of our commitment to fair pay, we’ll never ask your salary history. We’ll share the salary range for this position with you during our first conversation.
If you’re interested in joining the Syndio team, apply using the link below. All your information will be kept confidential in accordance with EEO guidelines.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.