VP of Product
Location: Seattle, Denver or New York
How often do you have the chance to step into a product leadership role where you can directly influence the growth of the company? And make a lasting impact on a critical social issue? And market a product that you feel really good about? This is one of those opportunities. We are passionate about our mission and value authenticity, hustle, clarity, truth, and vulnerability.
Syndio is a post-Series B startup committed to helping Fortune 500 organizations fairly and equitably pay and promote their employees regardless of gender, race, and ethnicity. Fueled by a combined investment of $24.6M, we are stepping on the gas to expand our team and products. We are seeking a VP of Product to help us define our future and deliver on our growth goals.
About the role
The VP of Product will lead a team of product managers in shaping the future of the Syndio product portfolio, and will report directly to the CEO. In this critical role, you will be the innovation thought leader within the organization, partnering with technical leaders, our founder, and our sales, marketing, and customer success teams to fuel growth and ensure Syndio maintains a leadership position as we define the Equity Tech space.
- Own the product roadmap: define and develop the short-, mid-, and long-term product strategy to meet the needs of our customers, stay ahead of competition, and drive strategic and market value
- Execute on the product roadmap: Lead, manage, and mentor a team of product development professionals
- Manage the product life cycle, from concept to launch to iteration, including collecting feedback, measuring impact, and informing the roadmap for every feature and product
- Partner with the engineering leadership and team to develop new products, features, and enhancements (and define the best process to do this)
- Develop budgets and forecasts
- Define and own the metrics that measure the impact of our products on the business and our users.
- Communicate product status, metrics, and roadmap changes with C-suite, board members, and other stakeholders
- Partner with Engineering to ensure ongoing alignment on product requirements
- Partner with Product Marketing team to define pricing and develop strategic marketing plans, including competitive positioning
- Become an evangelist of Syndio and participate in press activities, webinars, conferences, discussions with thought leaders and market analysts
- You have 10+ years of progressive experience in product roles; at least 5 years as a product leader
- You drive innovative ideas, solutions, and products through strong leadership and decisive action
- You can successfully partner with technical, creative, marketing, and sales functions
- You bring a customer-centric mindset and can effectively translate that into the product development process
- You are passionate about user experience and design
- You have successfully implemented data-driven processes to turn a vision into an actionable roadmap
- You are able to distill product roadmaps into digestible and relevant presentations to key prospects, customers, and partners
- You’re a seasoned people leader with demonstrated success in leading and mentoring the research, design, and development team
- You have strong project management skills and attention to detail
- You leverage product analytics to understand feature usage, comprehension, and optimization
- You have excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- You have direct experience with HR or workplace collaboration software
- You are able to formulate and implement global strategies for products
- Within one month, you will have completed an immersion including a product demo, 1:1 with key stakeholders and customers, key board, and sales ride alongs.
- Within two months, you will have completed the discovery process to drive an innovation planning session.
- Within three months, you will have a draft product roadmap and vision in place
- Within six months, you will be operationalizing the product roadmap and implementing plans for 2021-2022
- Within 12 months, we’ll wonder how we ever managed without you.
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
At Syndio, you’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses, equity, and a lot more benefits. As part of our commitment to fair pay, we’ll never ask your salary history. We’ll share the salary range for this position with you during our first conversation.
If you’re interested in joining the Syndio team, apply using the link below. All your information will be kept confidential in accordance with EEO guidelines.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.